Thread: Possibly getting out of a fullsize truck, and into an import

Possibly getting out of a fullsize truck, and into an import

I might be picking up a MazdaSpeed3 tomorrow. Any issues on these?

Noooooooo

what year?

2011. So far, the only stuff Ive found is rear motor mounts going bad super fast, and the washer/wiper motor going out.

Its either the 263hp MS3, or a 200hp GTI. Leaning towards the MS3 because it does have more power, but is also manual 6 speed, has nav, Bluetooth, and a few other goodies.

The 2nd gen MS3's are quite a bit more reliable than the 2007-2009. A lot of the issues (smoking turbo and such) were corrected. Good solid cars, but they do have some Mazda quirks new owners aren't familiar with. For instance, they are PICKY about spark plugs, but stick to the factory stuff (or NGK iridiums) and you'll be fine. Honestly, unless you just can't pass up the deal, I think the MS3 is a much more capable car than the GTI. On the other hand, GTI is more refined and probably more comfortable, but if you're even mentioning horsepower you won't be disapointed by the Speed3.

Check out Mazda3forums.com for lots more info. I have the same screen name over there.
    2007 Phantom Purple hatch; Spin on oil filter conversion, JBR rear motor mount/short shift plate/shifter bushings, stubby antenna, Eonon D5151 DVD/Nav HU w/backup camera, debadged and door guards removed, Lamin-X yellow fog overlays, TRS 5000K HID's, more coming.
    Daily Driver/Cruiser Build Thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=461273

1996 Mazda Miata (totaled) - everything but FI, I miss this car.

Well, as of now, Im backing out of it. I decided not to move forward on the purchase.

Damn, was hoping for another Mazda guy in the area.
    2007 Phantom Purple hatch; Spin on oil filter conversion, JBR rear motor mount/short shift plate/shifter bushings, stubby antenna, Eonon D5151 DVD/Nav HU w/backup camera, debadged and door guards removed, Lamin-X yellow fog overlays, TRS 5000K HID's, more coming.
    Daily Driver/Cruiser Build Thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=461273

1996 Mazda Miata (totaled) - everything but FI, I miss this car.