Thread: "Dirty Diana" Subaru Impreza GC

"Dirty Diana" Subaru Impreza GC

Hey guys, well I finally decided on doing this build after getting rid of my Miata. For months I was looking all over the SouthEastern states for a nice and cheap Subaru and finally I stumbled upon this. A 98 Impreza with 165,000 miles which was located 40 mins away. It had some good things like a full 05 WRX interior swap but the bad was just unexplainable. The paint is fading on the roof and hood and it has hail damage all over and it was smoked in. It had this ugly red LED lights around the grill and had 5% tint around which was a pain in the ass to have in Kenner. I got pulled over a week later and had my plates seized and got a 250$ ticket. First thing I did after that was remove ALL of the tint. I knew I was going to dump money into this thing as it is going to be a showcar and I plan on doing a complete V5 STI conversion. This will be my journey to completing my project and I hope you guys enjoy whats coming. These are pics of when I got it and I will be updating this thread as I do any work on the car.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by thatromerokid; 04-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Well 1 month of having her and not many updates. Took all he tint off and cleaned her up very well. To my surprise they had water in the spare tire compartment and rust began to form. Hopefully no more surprises in the upcoming months as I begin the build. This is how she sits now after some love and touch ups by yours truly.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

looks very clean

Picked up some JDM OEM mudflaps, gonna put them on later today and see how I like them but stay tuned. BIG things are coming ;)

Drove 1:30 min away for this... Lol but its worth it to me. Well these mudflaps were dirty as hell as you can see so I had to scrub scrub scrub the demons out of them.

image.jpg

Well after like 30 mins of scrubbing and putting them on, wallahhhh the final product...

image.jpgimage.jpg

I kinda like it but might paint them but idk what color, any suggestions?

Oh BTW found this little guy today so everyone meet my new pet lol, his name is Franklin. Franklin is a thug.

image.jpg

Selling my WRX front and back seats for 400$ or beat offer. Really good condition so if anyone is interested let me know...

i was always a fan of the mudflap look if you were going for more of a rally look as opposed to the slammed look.

Im gonna keep them on until I get my coilovers but stay tuned ;) having some things imported from across the pond.

that's awesome. let us know if we can help you get any performance part for your car as we also deal with JDM brands that are hard to find in the USA.
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05 HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained

So the $100 that you SCAMMED me went towards your build right? Good job buddy