Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's Retrofit Time...

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-point-oh View Post
    Thats what I told them about my d2s 4300k 55w bulbs, they wouldn't believe me and said it was "user error". That kind of pissed me off. What did they tell you? So you are exchanging the the 55w ballast for cbi bulbs?
    Their ballast are now rated 50w, I'm exchanging it for the Osram CBI, breaking it in currently. It's so bright compare to the old Philip 85122 revision version of the 85122+. Probably 20% brighter as advertised, but it'll get brighter and whiter after 20+hrs on em. So far I got about 2hrs on em. Love it!!! worth every penny...

OH forgot to ask, who sells oem boosted ballast?
    No one sell it! there's a guy locally in westbank that sell a two pair of Hella Gen 3 that can be boosted at 41w, 43w, 46w, 48w, 50w and 55w.
    He's selling a pair for $140, not sure how much more he charges for boosting it. Maybe $40-$50 more if it was me.. since the parts needed cost $20 plus alot of soldering works so $20-$30 labor sound cheap and reasonable..

some update!

Just got the Osram CBI 5500k to replace the Philip 85122 5000k

Last edited by Im2c0oL; 02-03-2013 at 12:15 AM.

What you plan to retrofit the fogs with? Just curious, I was thinking for my 99-00 civic i miight be able to get away with the ford fusion fogs.

What you plan to retrofit the fogs with? Just curious, I was thinking for my 99-00 civic i miight be able to get away with the ford fusion fogs.
    I just pick up a pair of ES300 Fog lights with Koito H3 bulbs for $40 that I will use to retro the fogs. I might grab another pair from the same guy to retro the fog on my 99 civic too..

Dude let me know how it looks. I need to find better fogs.

Dude let me know how it looks. I need to find better fogs.
    So I pick up a few set of foglight to play around with. starting with the worse to the best; ES300, Infiniti QX4, BMW X5 LED Fog, then Audi A6 Fog lights.

ES300 vs. Audi A6

Audi A6

Color flicker from a fog really???

Infiniti QX4 similar to IS300

2.5" Bosch Foglight for sale $40

Will post some process of my X5 LED fog and some Super Flux DRL soon...

Got dimensions on those Bosch and The A6? Hoping they fit my 99-00 civic fog openings.