Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new camaro

lol, well when it comes to that i'll just get my chevy fanatic friend to do it for some beers :p

It out the box........... ZombieHuntr's Avatar
    perfect. ..... lol
    If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat! When the fat bitch puts down the spoon, I'll put down my gun........

went to start it last night to make a run for smokes but wouldn't turn over.

so today i got to checking just a few things..
    pulled battery brought it up to auto store and they tested it, all was good just a little low on charge, so put it on their charger and they re-tested still good.
    come home hook it back up try it again nothing.. no clicks, no turns.
    all accessories have power, radio, a/c, headlights, etc..

headlights on turn key all stays nice and bright nothing shuts off except the radio which is normal..

i jacked it up to try and look at the starter but good lord there's like no way for me to even attempt to jumping the solenoid off.. just not enough room for my hands at all.

seems like trying to remove the starter would be a real PITA.

where do you guys think i should start? i have basic tools but only a test light no volt meter :/

also key on, security light does shut off like its supposed to, doesnt come on after attempting to turn the key to 'start' either.

i should say this incase it helps, when i bought it the ignition switch kind of had like a sweet spot you had to turn it to in order for it to crank otherwise it would act like the battery was dead spinning to slowly

Sounds like you diagnosed it already. Ignition switch...
    If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat! When the fat bitch puts down the spoon, I'll put down my gun........

well not quite.. it was the starter, pulled it super cleaned it and still had the same troubles the armature's coils were heated to much it seemed and are no good not to mention armature was so worn down im surprised it even attempted to spin over.

thankfully a new neighbor had a brand new starter from a truck he was about to scrap so $20 in his hands and i got me a napa starter with 2yr warranty :)

So it runs again?

yes, purrs like a kitten :) well more like a tiger lol exhaust sounds good

still makes less power than my fiancee's mazda 3. lol.