Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Franken-drift Oct 14,2012

Event has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

"The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death."
    - Steven Pressfield's The War of Art

Don't buy me candy and flowers, bring me to a racetrack.

is it because of the $15 spectator charge?

Quote Originally Posted by enigmus View Post
    is it because of the $15 spectator charge?
    No. It's b/c of fair weather drifters.

"The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Rational View Post
    Event has been cancelled due to lack of interest.
    No. It's b/c of fair weather drifters.
    what you mean lack of interests?

You just announced this earlier in the week, ppl still have to get ready for it, there's not even a flier out yet or any other website updates, social media events ads. No other advertisement outside of this forum that'll get non-nosr ppl interested... and you're bailing already???
    Last edited by Tran; 08-24-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tran View Post
    what you mean lack of interests?

You just announced this earlier in the week, ppl still have to get ready for it, there's not even a flier out yet or any other website updates, social media events ads. No other advertisement outside of this forum that'll get non-nosr ppl interested... and you're bailing already???

Chris and I discussed the level of involvement of drifters @ this event vs other events and determined that it's not going to have the interest needed to be financially feasible to hold them.

wow. way to bail early..

why not do a prepay of a minimum of X amount of driver so yall break even or make some cash... no pay out or comp. just fun drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbo View Post
    wow. way to bail early..

why not do a prepay of a minimum of X amount of driver so yall break even or make some cash... no pay out or comp. just fun drifting.
    well, word on the street is a few more of Silhouette guys along with a few more houston dudes was going to come if they had comp and pay out again.

I'm down for comp or all fun driving, doesnt matter...this year i was going to bring more tires to make use of one full day instead of lack of tires causing just a few hrs of fun in the past'

Quote Originally Posted by Tran View Post
    well, word on the street is a few more of Silhouette guys along with a few more houston dudes was going to come if they had comp and pay out again.

I'm down for comp or all fun driving, doesnt matter...this year i was going to bring more tires to make use of one full day instead of lack of tires causing just a few hrs of fun in the past'
    He wants 20-30 drifters.

He wants 20-30 drifters.

Seems pretty do-able to me...here is proof. 20 paid drivers for an event about an hour away from NPR.
    Now if he is just using that as an excuse, oh well. I agree turnout hasn't been the greatest in the past, but without the Delta events happening people have more time to 'catch up' money wise.

Driver's update!
    Here's the list of registered and paid drivers/car list:
    1.) Dominic F. - E46(sedan)
    2.) Kim T. - Z33
    3.) Daniel B. - S14
    4.) My N. - BK38
    5.) Darnell W. - V35(sedan)
    6.) Jared A. - S13
    7.) Ian M. - Z33
    8.) Brandon D. - S14
    9.) Floyd M. - S13
    10.) Greg G. - '02 camaro
    11.) Trent B. - Z33
    12.) Terrell R. - S13
    13.) Brad(addisonblck) - SC300
    14.) Vinh H. - Fr-s86
    15.) Robert F. - S13
    16.) Steven B. - V35
    17.) Nicolas D. - S13/FR-S86
    18.) Ryan L. - SC300
    19.) Freddy R. - MK3 truck
    20.) Josh E. - LS1 S14

keep the registrations coming people!

Chris and I discussed the level of involvement of drifters @ this event vs other events and determined that it's not going to have the interest needed to be financially feasible to hold them.
    I'm new to the scene and am registered to my first event this Sunday. I would like to know how the turn outs have been in the past for drifting events particularly the ones in the south Louisiana region. What makes the drift events out on the West Coast and Texas so massive with attendance in both drivers and spectators? I'm looking at the RSVP of the facebook event for this sunday and I admit it's looking pretty good thanks to Kim and his crew spreading the word.