Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Sliders' Sock Hop *NoDRFT* Drift Event 8/26/12

19 days shit dicks!

Get your busted ass cars running/driftable, make sure your leaks are to a VERY MINIMUM (wrap that shit up with duck tape if you have to), harvest tires, acquire drift spares, and make sure all nuts/bolts are tight.

FLUID LEAKS: it is highly suggested that you make sure all your fluid leaks are taken care of as good as you can get them. We want to keep the skid pad as clean as possible so we can continue to use it without problems!

Quote Originally Posted by enigmus View Post
    yeah i'll be out there and register that day depending on how much seat time i'll get in my FR-S. a ton of attendees on the facebook event not sure how many of them are registered =(

You will get plenty of seat time, this is a full day(8hr) event. If it's your first event, you will probably be exhausted before the event ends.

A lot of ppl on fb "wanting" to do it but seems like its a lot of spectators since only 4 registered so far, I'll start the list:

Drivers list:
    1. ktran(me)
    2. Dominic F.
    3. Dbo
    4. Jarred(shreveport dude)
    5.?

I hope ppl realize that they can save a few bucks and make tings easier by pre-registerring via paypal,

the registration/payments taken the day of will have to be CASH only as we don't take checks or c. cards.

I'll be registering either Monday or Tuesday. I'll def be out there. And to ther other sc300 dude, get your p.o.s. runnin man !!! Lol I wanna see another sc300 that isn't driven by a grandmaw lol

I'm gonna register prob. monday or tuesday aswell. I really suck, but i havent been in the car or been drifting long at all, so yes im a noob and will most likely need a few tips to better myself. I was in the white s14 at belle rose for the last event, so if you were there you know what im talking about lol. I kinda started to figure it out a little at the very end but still need lotssssss of practice. So any help at this event will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_gangsta View Post
    I'm gonna register prob. monday or tuesday aswell. I really suck, but i havent been in the car or been drifting long at all, so yes im a noob and will most likely need a few tips to better myself. I was in the white s14 at belle rose for the last event, so if you were there you know what im talking about lol. I kinda started to figure it out a little at the very end but still need lotssssss of practice. So any help at this event will be greatly appreciated.

dont be afraid, we're here to help if you want it, you'l learn a lot at this event compared to events at belle rose just because you wont be trying to learn the concepts of drifting on a road course. The environment will be more safe and you'll be less intimidated by a non road course event.

make sure your car is up to its maintenance and that you have good supporting mods(locking diff) to help get a better feeling and understanding of drifting so that you are not fighting the car while trying to learn.
    Last edited by Tran; 08-11-2012 at 06:34 PM.

yeah from what i read on the torsen lsd that comes with the frs/brz i'd have a harder time to break the outside wheels free.

yeah from what i read on the torsen lsd that comes with the frs/brz i'd have a harder time to break the outside wheels free.
    yes, but keep in mind that if you run smaller width or diameter tires, it'll help you a little with breaking loose the rear tires easier, even with a torsen diff.

but torsens still suck for drifting'

Quote Originally Posted by Tran View Post
    yes, but keep in mind that if you run smaller width or diameter tires, it'll help you a little with breaking loose the rear tires easier, even with a torsen diff.

but torsens still suck for drifting'
    making me regret getting rid of the stock wheels/tires, they were horrible in wet conditions. they probably would have be much easier to use for this type of event.

making me regret getting rid of the stock wheels/tires, they were horrible in wet conditions. they probably would have be much easier to use for this type of event.
    regret right away because spares are aways good, especially oem'

sent my prepayment to you, tranman

ready 2 drift