Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Fling shots.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTalon View Post
    where was the thread, had no idea about this event. I've attended the last 2-3 in the past. :(
    Advertisment for the event wasn't the best IMO, but there was a thread posted up in the "upcoming events" section.

honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with having 2 events back to back. 1 being in town, the other being 1hr away. Some people could maybe only afford to go to one or others might not want to take the risk of breaking down an hour away from NOLA. I, personally, have a rough time getting Saturdays off of work.

Pretty sure the 240 won't be drift ready for Sunday but I plan on going out for support regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastey View Post
    $200 is a lot up front but you are getting your money's worth. I've blown a lot more than that at a titty bar and had FAR less to show for it the next day.

it was up in the event lists

Thread was made in upcoming events in feb. facebook event was made in March. Fliers were handed out at every major car show that didn't conflict with work.

Apparently my details need to be more specific, but regardless of that this was not last minute. it has been planned for months.

So moving forward, there will be another in October. Most likely the weekend of Halloween, however a date has not been discusse with the track.

There will be drift, grip, tandem and competition (I need to work with them to get cars out faster for that) drag strip will be open for an hour and is free with spectator entry.

"The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death."
    - Steven Pressfield's The War of Art

Don't buy me candy and flowers, bring me to a racetrack.

i had a blast at the event, the only thing i woulda changed is the judging. Rudy the guy from texas SHOULD of won. The other guy didnt know how to tandem, or drift the hardest turn (which no one can see unfortunately in the back) he just drove right thru it every lap.
    Nothing against him whatsoever, he was a good driver and did really good, but the guys from texas are way better and deserved to win.

stoked for the next one at halloween, ima try and get more redbull stuff out at the next one, it was too last minute with getting the helicopter for this one to worry about redbull stuff

Ian are they willing to give it another go with the heli?

If we can get it together quicker I can put something in the flier.

"The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death."

maybe i haven't talked to them yet, but i know the pilot derek had a great time at the event.

once i get the pics from luke im send them to the helicopter company and see if they want to do another one, i vote we get a really good video camera if we do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by theianmcdougall View Post
    maybe i haven't talked to them yet, but i know the pilot derek had a great time at the event.

once i get the pics from luke im send them to the helicopter company and see if they want to do another one, i vote we get a really good video camera if we do it again.
    I had one. I went out the night before and spent $300 on an HD video camera with 50x optical zoom.

Was kinda peeved that I didn't get to use it for that.