Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E85 in new Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by ronspeed View Post
    It's a shame it's not available easily here. I'd definitely get a tune and fuel system upgrade to run e85.
    Golden Leaf Energy no longer offers E85, I've recently e-mailed them.

The Baton Rouge FlexFuel station in the link did still exist up until TODAY!!!! - I put a JB4 on my BMW just a couple months ago and was using the Autotune map, which allowed up to 40% mix of E85 that I was getting from that Lavirgne Oil gas station on Florida, and WOW! Talk about a kick in the pants! I installed an ethanol sensor over the weekend and it looked like I was only at 28% ethanol instead of the 35% I would have calculated if it was true E85, so I tested it to find it was about 72% ethanol. No problem, well a little bit of a problem, since I was planning grabbing a few 5 gallon jugs of E85 when in B.R. and mixing that with standard gas when I needed to fill up here in N.O. So, I e-mailed them to find out if they had switched to the Class 2 E85 (for winter which is 74% min) already, since the switch is supposed to be from mid October to mid April. They did e-mail me back and said that they were closing that station TODAY, and not sure at this point if they were going to offer the E85 at another station. I've been Googling my a$$ off trying to find another E85 station nearby, but have come up with zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Rational View Post
    they closed the station on florida? i remember a long time ago when e85 was first coming out the news did a story on it.

here is the link, but idk where that is on florida :(

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=8195586
    I think E85 is going away in Louisiana for good. They took away the tax credit for FlexFuel vehicles:
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=672160

NOTE: Paragraph (B)(1) eff. until Jan. 1, 2014. See Acts 2013, No. 427, 1.

(1) "Alternative fuel" means a fuel which results in emissions of oxides of nitrogen, volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, or particulates, or any combination of these which are comparably lower than emissions from gasoline or diesel and which meets or exceeds federal clean air standards, including but not limited to compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, biofuel, biodiesel, methanol, ethanol, and electricity.

NOTE: Paragraph (B)(1) as amended by Acts 2013, No. 427, 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2014.

(1) "Alternative fuel" means natural gas, liquified petroleum gas, and any nonethanol based advanced biofuel. "Alternative fuel" shall also mean electricity if the vehicle meets all of the following criteria:

(2) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to authorize a tax credit for the costs of a purchase of, or conversion of a vehicle to, a flexible fuel vehicle that is designed to run on an alternative fuel and either petroleum gasoline or petroleum diesel if the vehicle has only a single fuel storage and delivery system and retains the capability to be propelled by petroleum gasoline or petroleum diesel.

Well that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tboudre View Post
    Golden Leaf Energy no longer offers E85, I've recently e-mailed them.

The Baton Rouge FlexFuel station in the link did still exist up until TODAY!!!! - I put a JB4 on my BMW just a couple months ago and was using the Autotune map, which allowed up to 40% mix of E85 that I was getting from that Lavirgne Oil gas station on Florida, and WOW! Talk about a kick in the pants! I installed an ethanol sensor over the weekend and it looked like I was only at 28% ethanol instead of the 35% I would have calculated if it was true E85, so I tested it to find it was about 72% ethanol. No problem, well a little bit of a problem, since I was planning grabbing a few 5 gallon jugs of E85 when in B.R. and mixing that with standard gas when I needed to fill up here in N.O. So, I e-mailed them to find out if they had switched to the Class 2 E85 (for winter which is 74% min) already, since the switch is supposed to be from mid October to mid April. They did e-mail me back and said that they were closing that station TODAY, and not sure at this point if they were going to offer the E85 at another station. I've been Googling my a$$ off trying to find another E85 station nearby, but have come up with zero.

N54? I gave up on finding E85 and am going meth.

EFI Dyno Tuning
    Its a shame we cant get corn fuel around here, the moment anyone hears of any stations popping up please email me and let me know ASAP

michael at efidynotuning dot com