Thread: Clearing headlights

Clearing headlights

Can anyone in New Orleans help me with this? I have a general idea how to do it, but I don't have the balls to actually do it.

hah another tsx owner shares my peril...

its really easy and there's several ways to do it. I've always wet sanded them. Start with 800 grit and keep sanding lightly till the yellow...uhh...dust? from sanding clears up and is white. Then move to 1000 grit, then 1500, then 2000, then use some sort of plastic polish or sealer on them.

Lol! I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Pun seriously not intended. I'm talking about baking open the headlights, and removing the amber reflector pieces.

oven at i think 125 on a baking pan with a cloth tower so the plastic doesnt melt on the medal pan for 10 minutes then take a flat head and carefully pry them open without bending the housing or making it flex but it shouldnt if its oem(ebay is chep plastic nd is harder to work with) then as for the reflectors google it...its all easy just try not to forget about them in the oven

Hahaha, I was wondering if I could pay anyone on these forums to do this?

I have a DIY. I'm just not too confident in myself haha

My buddy Michael can do it for you. He does custom headlight housings, projector retrofits, etc. So this should be cake for him. PM me if you're interested & I'll shoot you his number if he says it's okay to give out his #.