Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: want to go lower, but coilovers maxed out, ideas?

remove a collar on each coil if you're maxed. gives you a little room to go lower.

its not the collars that are stopping me, theres plenty of threads on the shock body, its just maxed out in the lower mount. i decided im just going to lower the spring perch and get helper springs to stop the spring from flopping around

Super Moderator
    Something is a miss here.

My shits close to kissing the ground and I still have alot of threads to go. No way you maxed out your Coilovers. You using the right springs?

Well not a ton of mods. But mods nonetheless. Still gonna need bumpsteer kit. And honestly no suspension in the world runs good with no travel space which is basically what your going to end up with.
    Chieko

get z32 uprights and z32 rear lower mounts. they're deeper.

i got uprights for sale. $60 for the pair

Get a wheel and tire setup that has an overall smaller circumference that what you on now.

Whoa whoa wait! This is why you need to post a pic... I'm now under the impression that you don't actually have real coilovers...you have adjustable sleeves on a stock shock? And the Collars are sitting in the spring perch right? Well take out the collars and let the spring sit on the spring perch. Or buy real coilvers and call it a day.
    '00 NB Miata - The Panty Dropper
    '93 Ford Festiva - Hell on four wheels
    You can brag, you can boast, but you will never catch the ghost. R.I.P. Justin Ferguson

I'm confused as well. My Stance coilovers are set pretty low and I still have plenty of room to go lower. Also, how do you have wheel gap with an 18" wheel AND your coilovers are a lowest height. Something just doesn't seem right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastey View Post
    $200 is a lot up front but you are getting your money's worth. I've blown a lot more than that at a titty bar and had FAR less to show for it the next day.