Thread: Been awhile! Camaro questions!

Been awhile! Camaro questions!

Hey guys, been a while since I have posted on here... BUT I have a question for anyone who knows anything about 4th Gen camaros!

Ok, so it has been sitting up for almost 2 years. I stopped driving it because it had a misfire from around 1500-3000 RPMs. I decided to mess with it today. I put a fresh battery in it and cranked right up! Surprised me on that one!!!

I have asked multiple people on any thoughts on what could be causing the misfire. I've heard anywhere from a coil(s), injectors, etc. I think it is a coil because it revs fine without load, but once driving the misfire starts.

What I am getting at... How much do shops generally charge to diagnosis and replace (if it is indeed a coil)? It has a cam/valves etc and it just always was lit up after the swap. BTW its a v8 swap/ECU from a 2000 z to a 98 v6.

Also, what is the best way to clean an engine bay? Pics below. I have always been afraid of spraying the engine with water, etc. Good ole scrub down?

Cory

LS1 Camaro, TR224/224-112, 12-bolt

Did you get a random misfire code or a specific cyl misfire code?

I dont have a reader. The one I have isnt turning on... But at idle it is fine. If I rev it without moving (no load) is fine. It is when under load (driving) that the misfire happens.

It's aliiiive! and good!

EFI Dyno Tuning
    what was the issue?

what do you have done as far tune on that thing?