Thread: 4R100 trans or 4r70w F-150 driveshaft

EFI Dyno Tuning

4R100 trans or 4r70w F-150 driveshaft

I was unfortunate to get the 2000-2001 mechanical diode trans in my 2001 harley F-150 truck so a few weeks back I did what you weren't supposed to do and it blew up, I had no idea

so, since then I've pulled the trans 6 times and have been fighting torque converter issues and now a faulty trans, all within the past 4 weeks mind you

so i'm looking for a replacement trans, or possible someone whom can rebuild it without bankrupting capitalone

If I can't find another 4r100 in excellent condition then I'll just swap a 4r70w in it, but in order to do so I need the longer 4r70w driveshaft for an 01-03 f-150 supercrew

let me know if you have either and pricing, you can call, txt, or email

Michael Ponthieux
    five oh four six oh six oh five three two
    decipha at efidynotuning dot com

heres the full story if you'd like to know more
    http://forum.efidynotuning.com/viewt...4&t=978&p=8887

I got one 4r70 recently rebuilt from a mark8 I might sell for the right price
    Driftologist

EFI Dyno Tuning
    Quote Originally Posted by drftrdie View Post
    I got one 4r70 recently rebuilt from a mark8 I might sell for the right price
    thanks for the reply, not too long after posting this I found a guy in mississippi that was selling the drivetrain out of a 2003 f-150, I got the engine and transmission with the driveshaft for $250 since he was doing a GM 350 swap in the truck and didn't need nor want the original pieces, I swapped it in that weekend and haven't had a problem with it since

curious, what all do you have done to the 4r70w in the rebuild? And whats the status on the mark 8?

I'm a supercoupe enthusiast/collector got 9 of them jewels and the mark8 fn10 chassis is very much similar to the tbird/cougar mn12 platform