Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northshore lift?

Northshore lift?

Need to do the clutch in my 06 Spec-V Sentra, Nissan wants 500 just for labor. Aftermarket clutch is already $300+ So I am willing to rent time on the lift, wanna get it done in one shot. I'd give it a whirl in the carport but man a lift would be sweet.

Cones NomNomNom!

bring it to josh @ gorillare

Mr. Manager to you!!! DarkShadows's Avatar
    I can check what labor would be here, or i can see if one of my better techs want some side work if you want?

Blown... up
    Quote Originally Posted by turbonola View Post
    bring it to josh @ gorillare
    Thank you Tommy.

Shane, its Josh. We used to work together @ Northpark.

5.0hrs is the labor rate for that clutch. You have to support the engine and remove the subframe to remove the transmission. If you've never done it before you may not have the right tools for the job.
    I've done numerous Spec-V clutch jobs. So if you want to to bring it to us @ Gorilla RE in Kenner, you'd be looking at close to the same price as Nissan.
    Are you replacing the flywheel as well, or resurfacing it?
    If I'm not mistaken, that s a dual mas flywheel and can not be resurfaced.
    Our rate is $90 an hour.
    So 5.0 X $90 = $450 labor
    + fluid (if you provide it thats fine)

We're pretty open schedule wise, so whenever you'd like it done, just let Jonathan or myself know.
    Token Hyundai guy.
    2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Rspec

Quote Originally Posted by Josh @ GorillaRE View Post
    Thank you Tommy.

Shane, its Josh. We used to work together @ Northpark.

5.0hrs is the labor rate for that clutch. You have to support the engine and remove the subframe to remove the transmission. If you've never done it before you may not have the right tools for the job.
    I've done numerous Spec-V clutch jobs. So if you want to to bring it to us @ Gorilla RE in Kenner, you'd be looking at close to the same price as Nissan.
    Are you replacing the flywheel as well, or resurfacing it?
    If I'm not mistaken, that s a dual mas flywheel and can not be resurfaced.
    Our rate is $90 an hour.
    So 5.0 X $90 = $450 labor
    + fluid (if you provide it thats fine)

We're pretty open schedule wise, so whenever you'd like it done, just let Jonathan or myself know.
    Why do you need fluid. the trans should be a sealed unit, and unless you want to do a drain and refill, it not nessacery.

Outside of the "box". Jonathan@Gorilla RE's Avatar
    Or, you could just rent a lift at the shop for $450..... :)

-J
    Gorilla Race Engineering. We are a full service start to finish performance forced induction specialty shop for all European, Japanese, Rotary and Exotic automobiles! From tuning, custom fabrication, bolt ons, complete race and street car/engine builds to maintenance we are able to serve you.
    -God bless-
    Jonathan Bruce / Owner
    www.GorillaRE.com
    Jonathan@gorillare.com

thanks

Alright, thanks fo the responses, I was hoping to get an act hd clutch (abou t$450) but unless one of those techs will do a sidejob for less, maybe a stock clutch. It isn't slipping I just have a bad habit of leaving my foot on the pedal and I wore out the pressure plate and have play in the pedal. I think the stock setup is about $250? Maybe less. I can get a stage 1 clutchmaster off ebay about 240 or so...

Cones NomNomNom!

often time, fluid will come out when you pull the axle shafts. its also just good practice to service the trans anytime its removed. JMO though. im with josh

Quote Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
    often time, fluid will come out when you pull the axle shafts. its also just good practice to service the trans anytime its removed. JMO though. im with josh
    you know what, DUH!! i didnt think about that. that why i sell the parts, not install them :D

Blown... up
    Well if you want it professionally installed, just give us a call @ Gorilla RE.
    Token Hyundai guy.
    2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Rspec