Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dead Forum

What kind of assistance do you need?
    -------------------------
    95 Integra Turbo
    01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Family Car
    ------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic118_3.gif

I check in on here often but, mainly look at new posts and leave. I'm on the northshore (Covington) and the scene has kinda died unless you are into street racing. it would be cool to get this site back going.

Playing in the background DC2_Jay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahthisguyhere View Post
    Get rid of the damn black and blue theme. I miss the old nostreet days too, he'll I tried to join that other site the callouts and I've been denied like four times so I gave up. It's like if your not a 1000hp roll racer your not cool enough. What happened to everyone being car guys and enjoying cars?
    no offense to anybody if they see this, being I know most of the mods on call outs, that place has become a place for a select few to play grab ass more or less....... I'm really good friends with the guys that started the whole "NOLA Goons" stuff that was the original fuel to that fire. I was actually talked to more from some of those guys when I had a fucking stanced Z. Now that I'm building a car worth bringing around I'm not even really involved in the scene anymore. It's whatever. I don't do this nor am I building my SC300 for anybody else but me. I have a couple close friends that are into cars and that's fine for me. I don't have as much interest as I once did to be in the scene as much as I once was.

nolarides oldschool
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2_Jay View Post
    no offense to anybody if they see this, being I know most of the mods on call outs, that place has become a place for a select few to play grab ass more or less....... I'm really good friends with the guys that started the whole "NOLA Goons" stuff that was the original fuel to that fire. I was actually talked to more from some of those guys when I had a fucking stanced Z. Now that I'm building a car worth bringing around I'm not even really involved in the scene anymore. It's whatever. I don't do this nor am I building my SC300 for anybody else but me. I have a couple close friends that are into cars and that's fine for me. I don't have as much interest as I once did to be in the scene as much as I once was.
    I see it like this the scene should be about cars no matter what they are slow, fast, low, or lifted. At the end of the day we all enjoy the same things CARS! I went from 4 cyl Hondas to v8 mod fords. It's a whole different world but doesn't mean I can't bring alittle import flair and detail into my ford.

Word!!! At this point, if I meet a few people that are decent and have the same passion in cars I'm happy. There are a lot of idiots around the scene. It's pretty ridiculous that people think they are better b/c of a HP number. Unfortunately, HP doesn't mean $hit lol. I never set out to build a 800hp car and have no need for something that powerful. Waaaait for it .........."to each their own".

My Integra is a commuter to work that has a little more power. It will never be a 10 second car. It's about as fast as a stock 350z on 5.5psi and I can always up the boost a little if I want a bit more power. For some reason I never had a problem registering on that other forum and I don't have a high HP car nor do I chill with those people on the regular. The only person I think I even know is Michael K (owns the white IS300) from back in the day in high school. He's always been a stand up guy to me. I can't speak for the other people.
    -------------------------
    95 Integra Turbo
    01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Family Car
    ------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic118_3.gif

nolarides oldschool
    Idk what the deal is but I kept getting denied so I gave up.

i just stopped going to that site.
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05 HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained