Thread: Dead Forum

nolarides oldschool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.EF_DA View Post
    Damn someone whispered NOLArides lol.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.EF_DA View Post
    Damn someone whispered NOLArides lol.
    LOL -

This was never NOLARides ;) At least it didnt' slow down because of ownership drama :P

married now and a child, dyno shop in two countries, two turbo cars for the family.... yeah, i'm still in the game. we post as much as we can on our section here and will continue to do so as long as the site continues.
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05 HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained

Quote Originally Posted by panapower View Post
    married now and a child, dyno shop in two countries, two turbo cars for the family.... yeah, i'm still in the game. we post as much as we can on our section here and will continue to do so as long as the site continues.
    Right up there with you minus the dyno shop but I don't have 2 turbo cars. I have a turbo 1990 integra and one all motor CRX HF and then 2 family cars. I guess you can say I pretty much run a mechanic shop between the 4 cars haha. I'm should have my CRX out on the road again by the end of the week. I'm going through all the bushings and balljoints b/c I had some funky steering going on. Then I'm going to pull my Integra motor and start the body work and paint it. I'm trying to get the CRX ready for autoX in the near future. I went out to the last autoX event a couple weekends ago but there was like 5 spectators including myself. Seems like drifting took over for the most part.

FYI- my brother is parting out his CRX (now has a B20Z) I/H/E, Dropped on EM1 SI rims. A Jackson Racing Supercharger fits B16/ITR head including an upgraded nose pulley (complete kit), GSR/B16/ITR engine GSR block, either P30 or USDM ITR pistons, B16 head with ITR valvtrain and cams, ITR intake manifold, ITR Throttle body, YS1 cable transmission casing fitted with hydrolic GS-R gears, ITR final drive with ITR LSD.

Pretty sure he wants $1500 for the CRX with B20/ $3500 for the VTEC motor w/ s/c and transmission. $2500 without transmission. It was tuned by Corr about a year ago. The motor has low low miles on it. The only reason he's selling is b/c he bought a 650i and wants something a bit more comfortable like a EK or DC2. IF you like tq monstors, this is it lol. I'm trying to by that transmission from him for my LS/VTEC.

I'll make a formal for sale thread but I just wanted to throw it out there. I just don't have pics or the stuff at this time. I'll try to get some next week.
    Last edited by Dr.EF_DA; 03-21-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    -------------------------
    95 Integra Turbo
    01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Family Car
    ------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic118_3.gif

nice
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05 HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained

I'm still here from time to time. I host the drift events with Tran and Dbo and we're all still pretty active here in the scene. We run everything through our facebook page b/c it's obviously better for exposer. I don't have a drift car anymore due to someone totaling it for me but it's probably for the better right now. I have a 5 month old now and wife to tend to these days but I'm still heavily involved with building the drift scene in nola. I'm having a car shipped in from japan later this year so once it comes in then I'll put forth more effort to further build the car scene here besides drifting.

i have came here on and off as of recently but really didnt see any conversations to get involved in. I have kind of fallen out of the car scene due to my recent issues with my 240sx. Hopefully within the next few months i will be selling my 240sx to someone who can take better care of it and buying something with a little more power :)

I come by and lurk in the classifieds looking for deals every now and again, but really I haven't been big into the car scene in ages. I never personally had the money for it anyway. I just had friends who did.
    About the only modification I ever really did was buying Chris' (NOLARides' Techmaster) subs back in the day, having Fred (not 100% sure on the name...300ZXTTdrifter from NOLARides) install them at his shop in Chalmette back before Katrina, and grabbing a set of wheels off Craigslist on the cheap.

Now that I do somewhat have the cash for more than that I've also got at least a few bills to pay. So any car dreams beyond tint and maybe wheels remain just that. A dream. It's sad to say.

I always try to make it out to the drift events even though I own FWD. It's definitely fun even to spectate. A friend of mine has a KA-T that I have been helping him with but Nistune is so different than working on Hondata. It's not terrible as a program, I'm just used to a MAP based engine management as opposed to MAF. Everything is so finicky with a turbo engine using a MAF sensor. When you throw in a different MAF and bigger injectors it becomes pretty complex. Most people seem to like Nistronic. We finally took it for a little spin around the block to see what A/F looked like but he needs to start adjusting suspension and fenders now with the 350z rims all around. He's about to have another child so it's on the back burner again lol.

What kind of car are you importing? I always wanted to bring a CRX Si-R over here with a glass top. Just didn't want to pay 10k for a 25 year old car. I'd rather keep saving for my NSX!
    -------------------------
    95 Integra Turbo
    01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Family Car
    ------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic118_3.gif

I really need some folks to contribute more locally... As mentioned, i moved away for work and I live in San Francisco now.. I do need to put more focus and fix some things, and I will... just need some guys locally to step in and bring some life back.