Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That "New" FR-S

Don't call it a comeback. boucher's bumpy road

I've certainly been bitten by the "86" curse that so many people have suffered from. From the start of owning my FRS, it's been unfortunate accident after unfortunate accident. Gladly, I seem to be in a better spot now.

(I'm leaving all this because it seems confusing without it)

I was still offshore when my sales lady called me to say they had a Whiteout in the showroom (I had been waiting 6 weeks for one). I told her I wanted it and to send me a picture of it with a "Sold" sign on it haha

As soon as I got home I went straight to the dealership

I got home and debadged the car and added my Toyota emblems that I had ordered after finding out I had a car waiting for me.

Also threw in my bubble shift knob from the WRX

Like I said, I had all sorts of plans for the car and I even ordered a few things. Carbing strut tower braces and engine room braces

I even took the car to Rebellion On The River with a friend. Free entry for Scions, so why not right?

That's about when it all turned south. Got keyed and wrecked. Actually thought the car was cursed

Brought her to the body shop and really helped me out mentally ha

Then the goodies came in and got put on. BC Extreme Drop coilovers and Privat Kup wheels in 18x9.5+30 wrapped in BFGs 215/35. When I installed the coilovers, I started with the collars removed and maxxed out. I didn't have the tires mounted yet, so I was still on my stock wheels. That was a touch too low lol. I ended up having to raise the car 1/2" just to leave the garage. I was comfortable with driving the Subaru that low, but I felt like the FR-S is still a new car, so I should treat it a little better. The next day I raised it another 1 1/2". After I got my tires mounted, I ended up lowering the car again to get my stance more to my liking. It's still not to where I want it, but it's alright for the time being. I'll progressively lower it more and more as I get comfortable with my "new" car being that low.

Here's how she sits today

Thanks for checking it out. I'll try to remember to update this as things happen. I've got a few things in mind for this upcoming year that I'm pretty excited for.
    Last edited by boucher; 10-09-2014 at 09:37 AM. Reason: shit happens
    The current car scene: We spend money we don't have on parts we don't need to impress people we don't like...

nice car

Love the Kups. Awesome wheel choice, clean car.
    1998 Imola Orange EK Hatch-LS swapped, daily driven.
    1995 Del Slow-B20vtec on a college student build schedule...

I'm starting to like these. Car looks great!
    -------------------------
    95 Integra Turbo
    01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Family Car
    ------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nostreetracing.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic118_3.gif

Nicely done.
    You still got a free entry with your Toyota badges? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Load"*",8,1 View Post
    nice car
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by _themogul View Post
    Love the Kups. Awesome wheel choice, clean car.
    Thank you! I had originally wanted these for my WRX, but ended up going a different route.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.EF_DA View Post
    I'm starting to like these. Car looks great!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by PTP View Post
    Nicely done.
    You still got a free entry with your Toyota badges? ;)
    Haha sure did. They could see through the BS of the Toyota badges..
    The current car scene: We spend money we don't have on parts we don't need to impress people we don't like...

looking very nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastey View Post
    $200 is a lot up front but you are getting your money's worth. I've blown a lot more than that at a titty bar and had FAR less to show for it the next day.

My last set of photos before some changes get made..

Almost bought one of these, but decided I liked having 4 doors.. Nice car..
    [Racism... I can think of more reasons than your color to no like you, Assholes come in a variety of colors...

Update? Update..

Back in March, I took the FRS to Hot Import Nights. Drove to Houston, TX from Lake Charles, LA on a Saturday. Showed the car with positive reactions from everyone I spoke with. Sunday morning attended Coffee and Rice hosted by Mayday Garage. Then the Monday night...

That Monday night I was out returning a movie and decided to drive a bit. Going around a curve under an overpass, a cat ran in front of me and I reacted by swerving. The car broke loose and I ended up sliding into a tree. I wasn't injured, but the car was totaled. I know, I know "Should have just hit the cat!!" What's done is done though.

I couldn't decide what my next car should be. I didn't want an FRS again, but nothing else on the market in my price range "fit" me. I found the BRZ at a dealership in Lafayette and put a deposit on it. Drove over that Friday and made it mine.

And true to form, the car (with 600 miles on it) was slightly ran into at the heliport while I was offshore.

Now 6 months later, some changes have occured.

Got started modding pretty much immediately. Took the car to Import Alliance Summer Meet and Southrnfresh 4 on the same weekend.

Traded the Gramlights for some AME TM02s and painted my lip/skirts.

Went to IFO Baytown last weekend and took Best BRZ/FRS.

I know that was a lot lol, but my thread needed to be caught up.
    Last edited by boucher; 10-09-2014 at 08:39 AM.