Thread: so I did a little something with my teg over the weekend

Hybrid View

It out the box........... ZombieHuntr's Avatar

so I did a little something with my teg over the weekend

everyone on here knows what my fugly as integra looks like... heres a update on it. ( by the way, plasti-dip is ordered in matte red to do rest of car ), but anyway, I wanted to get some metal shaping/fabricating practice and a buddy of mine wanted to practice with his new airbrush gun... here are the results...

this was only to smooth edges. everything is bonded/riveted on..

If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat! When the fat bitch puts down the spoon, I'll put down my gun........

not too shabby. Tell ya boy to keep going and make a whole TMNT scene under there!

we are wanting to add a city background and make it look like the turtle is standing on a manhole cover.
    If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat! When the fat bitch puts down the spoon, I'll put down my gun........

looks cool.

im no artist by any means, but raphael doesn't look proportionate. i get the idea of the angle he was trying to make him look, but the left arm and legs are super small.

We can always sand it down and start over later for another picture. Its painted on .040 aluminum sheet so....

Playing in the background DC2_Jay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3nchy524 View Post
    looks cool.

im no artist by any means, but raphael doesn't look proportionate. i get the idea of the angle he was trying to make him look, but the left arm and legs are super small.
    I'll bet if he gets in there with some black and starts shading with the air brush he will achieve the look he was going for..... I'm not artist either but I've been watching cartoons and reading comics since I was able. Just my .02

Yeah we realized that after the sketch was complete. It took him almost 2 hrs to get the sketch that good. We didn't want to start over from nothing after he finished the entire thing. So I said run with it. Lol.... plus it was late at night and we weren't leaving his shop till the hood was painted. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DC2_Jay View Post
    I'll bet if he gets in there with some black and starts shading with the air brush he will achieve the look he was going for..... I'm not artist either but I've been watching cartoons and reading comics since I was able. Just my .02
    +1. Yeah it's a lil off, but put a big scene around it and you'll barely notice. Right now it's all we have to focus on. Keep going!

Thanks guys. You're right jay and that was my original idea was to fade him into the black. My Buddy isn't comfortable enough doing fade work with his airbrush gun yet so we decided on the whole hood mural type thing instead...