PDA

View Full Version : 93 del sol project

Troy Carollo
03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
just got a 93 del sol s as a project car, trying to make up my mind on what to do with the engine. it has a d15 with some basic bolt ons. I'm debating between building the d15 and dropping in a turbo, or should i do a swap. i will be doing most of the work by myself. any advice would be nice.

thiendegigolo
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
just got a 93 del sol s as a project car, trying to make up my mind on what to do with the engine. it has a d15 with some basic bolt ons. I'm debating between building the d15 and dropping in a turbo, or should i do a swap. i will be doing most of the work by myself. any advice would be nice.

i would say...hmmm...work with what you got already. save a swap for another day.

Dr.EF_DA
03-22-2012, 09:29 PM
What work is needed? If the motor is solid and your happy with the body I would start with bushings and suspension. Any pics?

Troy Carollo
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
i can take some tomorrow, the car is running solid now. i fixed some basic stuff clutch master cylinder, and replace a bad fitv. i know what i want to do with most of the car, just trying to plan ahead so I'm not regretting anything later on during the build.

Kojo
03-23-2012, 04:22 AM
I think it'd be a lot easier to give input if we knew exactly what you got the car for? just fun street driving? autox? tryin to make a lot of power and run with the big dogs?

Troy Carollo
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
just to have some fun, its not a dd or going to be a track car. looking to make around 300hp-350hp.

Dr.EF_DA
03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
I would swap a LS motor in and boost. You can get 300hp on a stock engine so long as you use the proper turbo and tune it good. All the power won't do anything if your suspension is poo though. Change the bushings and get a nice suspension setup and you will have fun with the car. You can get an Energy Suspension master kit for $160 and install is pretty simple. IT just take some man hours to do it.

Then, research what turbos work for your power goal on a LS (B18B) engine. The only reason I say go to B series is b/c it has equal length axles over the D series and you can can get more power in the long run. You will also have a few different transmissions you can go with. If you do go with a LS, I would do an overhaul on it and change the rob bolts to ARP. They're the weak link in those motors. You don't have to but I would for that power goal.

shrimp-point-oh
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
is this a daily? than appearance and body work should just be worked on a little at a time. Man times like this i wish I had a del sol.