PDA

View Full Version : 95 240sx ka24de burning oil help

KABuddy129
05-16-2011, 05:22 PM
alright so i am burning the hell out of some oil but my plugs dont look bad and when i do a compression test im reading about 150-160 psi. i checked my pcv hose and it didnt have oil in there so i just dont know where this oil is going i know i leak A LITTLE BIT. i never have a drop oil in my driveway but i have oil around the front main seal and i know its not that because im going through to much oil can anyone help me and give me some ideas on why im burning all this oil?

i did hear about some ppl plugging the pcv valve off and eliminating it but doesnt that ware your rings down faster cause the crankcase has to vent out somehow.

please help out

Sm240
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
You plug pcv ports on intake and pcv dumps either to a catchcan, or atmospheric. You def don't plug pcv tubing, otherwise it more than likely will still push pressure out the valve cover. Can't help the oil issue, it has to be burnIng it off if your not seeing puddles.

KABuddy129
05-16-2011, 06:33 PM
i think my pcv isnt working because if it is stuck then wouldnt it cause pressure in the crankcase and possibly try and force some oil out the seal? correct me if im wrong but i am going to try and replace the pcv valve and hope that that helps out